Terms of Service: The following terms and conditions govern all use of the 211mc.org website (Website) and all content and services through the website. The Website is owned and operated by United Way Monterey County (UWMC). The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies (including, without limitation) and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Site by UWMC (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by UWMC, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available to use for all individuals without limitation to age.
1. Website Content. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, UWMC has the right (though not the obligation) to, in UWMC’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in UWMC’s reasonable opinion, violates any UWMC policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason. UWMC will have no obligation to replace or restore or any liability for material removed whatsoever.
2. Fees and Payment. Use of the Website is free to the public.
3. Responsibility of Website Visitors. By operating the Website, UWMC does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. UWMC disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
4. Content Posted on Other Websites. UWMC does not have any control over those non-UWMC websites and web pages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-UWMC website or webpage, UWMC does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. UWMC disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-UWMC websites and web pages.
5. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As UWMC asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by UWMC violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify UWMC. UWMC will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of UWMC or others, UWMC may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, UWMC will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to UWMC.
6. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from UWMC to you any UWMC or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with UWMC. UWMC logos and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with WordPress.com or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of UWMC or UWMC’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any UWMC or third-party trademarks.
7. Changes. UWMC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. UWMC may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
8. Termination. UWMC may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. UWMC and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither UWMC nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
10. Limitation of Liability. In no event will UWMC, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. UWMC shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
12. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless UWMC, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between UWMC and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of UWMC, or by the posting by UWMC of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; UWMC may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Privacy and Data Collection
II. Use of Personal Information: Some sections of this website may collect and retain personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address, etc. If you do provide us with personal information, we may retain and use that information for several purposes, including customizing your experience on the website or linking you with requested information. This also applies to any collection of your email address. Your email address and/or contact information will not be provided to any third parties, without prior consent.
III. Technical Information Collected Automatically: We also collect certain technical information with regard to your use of our website. However, this information does not allow us to identify you personally. This information may include the type of Internet browser, computer operating system you are using, or the name of the website from which you linked to our site.
United Way Monterey County
60 Garden Court, #350
Monterey, CA 93940