With leadership from United Way of New York City, United Ways along the Eastern Seaboard have established the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund to address near-term and long-term recovery needs of communities most affected by the hurricane. Contributions to the Fund will be used by United Ways in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, DC and West Virginia to address recovery needs in communities that FEMA has declared disaster areas. We give our sincere thanks to United Way of New York City who will manage the regional fund.
Visit UWSandyRecovery.org to donate to the Fund. You can also use your phone to text RECOVERY to 52000 to make a $10 donation.
There are three things we’d like you to consider doing to help out:
1. On your website, add a link to the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund – www.UWSandyRecovery.org, and information about the text-to-give option – text RECOVERY to 52000 to make a $10 donation
2. Promote the Fund link and text-to-give option in social media (use #sandyfund)
3. Promote the use of 2-1-1 and 211us.org for people seeking help as well as seeking opportunities to volunteer
• Read the Press Release about the Fund sent by United Way of New York City sent today.
• 2-1-1s: Connect People with Human Services as well as Volunteer Opportunities
Hurricane Sandy has battered countless United Way communities up and down the Eastern Seabord and across the Northeast. United Way 2-1-1s have been activated by Governors or State Offices of Emergency Management in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Rhode Island, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, Virginia and North Carolina. Please encourage your family and friends affected by this storm to reach out to United Way 2-1-1 for assistance, and whether people are affected or not, 2-1-1 can help connect people with volunteer opportunities. Visit 211us.org to connect with your 2-1-1 online and follow @211us on Twitter.
If you have questions about the United Way Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fund, please send an email to Elwanda Young, United Way of New York City at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Linda Daily at United Way Worldwide – email@example.com, +1 703.836.7112 x474.
Thank you for your support. LIVE UNITED
President, United Way U.S.A.