Have you ever needed help but didn’t know where to go? Are you worried that you won’t find the help you need, when you need it most?
You can get the help you need, now. Call 2-1-1 to speak to someone who can connect you with community services designed just for you, or use the search option on this website to search the database directly and locate services now.
R U Connected to Monterey County 2-1-1?
How to use 2-1-1:
- Call 2-1-1 or visit 2-1-1′s website anytime. It’s free and confidential.
- If you are connecting by telephone, give the Call Specialist a brief description of your need. If you are using the website, simply type a keyword such as crisis line into the search box. Be prepared to provide your age, city, zip code, and/or gender so that the most appropriate and closest services can be located.
- Providing any personal information is always optional, never required.
- Wait briefly while the Call Specialist or database locates the services closest to you.
- Have a pen and paper ready to take down the contact information for your referral.
- Call the numbers provided to contact the agency and start receiving service.
*If you used our online search but couldn’t find the service you needed, try calling 2-1-1. The trained and experienced Call Specialist may be able to help you find what you are looking for.
Why to Call
Take the time to make a call that will help you; you know best what you are feeling and what you need to feel better. These are just a few of the services commonly requested by other youth:
- At Risk or Involved in Gangs
- Substance Abuse Counseling/Classes
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Anger Management
- Dating and Sexual Violence
- Students with Disabilities
- Foster Youth Services
- Suicide Prevention
Have you ever had problems at home? Do you feel that your family needs help and they don’t know where to get it? 2-1-1 can help, whether your family needs counseling, food, or immigration services, or even if you are a teen parent trying to do it all on your own. These are several family programs provided in Monterey County that can help.
Sometimes there are things that you might feel awkward talking about with your parents, such as sex and the relevant protection methods. If you want more information and facts about sex, protection, sexually transmitted diseases (such as AIDS), and how to prevent teen pregnancy, there are several programs in Monterey County that provide this information for free and in confidence. These services could change your life and protect your future. Contact them as soon as possible if you have questions or are curious about activities that could affect your health.
- What do you do after school?
- Do you ever get bored?
- Is there never anything to do in your neighborhood?
The way you choose to spend your time affects you and could affect your community as well. Use 2-1-1 to find out about sports, volunteer opportunities, and other ideas about what you can do with your free time.
Do you sometimes feel lost? Do you feel like you don’t know where you are going? Or maybe you just want extra help to have a better future. If you feel lost, aren’t sure of where you’re heading in life, or you just want the extra help, there are many academic and service learning programs to help you choose your path.